Everything you need to know about our preK-12 school in Fredericksburg, VA
Fredericksburg Christian School is an evangelical, non-denominational school dedicated to a strong academic program with Christian character and biblical truths integrated into every area, in order that students develop a lifelong Christian worldview.
Our purpose is to Glorify God by educating with excellence.
FCS Core Values
- Pursue excellence in all things.
- Model and teach servant leadership.
- Uphold integrity and transparency.
- Maintain exemplary standards of professionalism.
- Glorify God in all we do…our motivation, our actions and our relationships. (Colossians 3:17)
- Uncompromisingly articulate and apply biblical truth, recognizing our fallen nature and need for a Savior, Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:17)
- Provide a quality academic education in the context of a Christian worldview. (II Timothy 4:1-5)
- Facilitate open and honest communication consistent with Matthew 5 and 18. (I John 1:17)
- Uphold personal holiness and integrity as living Christian role models. (Titus 2:7)
- Minister to staff, students, parents and the greater community. (I Peter 5:2)
- Exercise prudent stewardship of every dollar paid for services or donated. (I Corinthians 4:2)
- Encourage and nurture fellowship and partnership with parents. (Deuteronomy 6:7)
Our students have character (and we like to say so).
Our students interact with compassion, grace, and kindness. They say sorry when they’ve done something wrong; they share their toys at recess; they hold doors for one another; they respect their elders. They are leaders.
We believe that leadership from a Biblical worldview is crucial, which is why we encourage our students to participate in conferences, workshops, and service activities.
Whether your student is part of one of our concert bands, orchestras, chamber groups, choirs, worship teams, or one of our other performing groups, they are accepting the challenge of musical excellence. The music program places an emphasis on musicianship and camaraderie.
Creativity Comes from the Creator
We recognize art, music, and drama as gifts from God. All activities in our Fine Arts department encourage creative expression through God’s perspective. Biblical values are incorporated in the curriculum.
Drama is an opportunity to worship the Lord and perform for an audience of One. In addition to introductory drama classes, we have several performance opportunities each year.
Read More >
Visual art students are encouraged to express their God-given artistic abilities through a variety of media.
Integrating Biblical truths is an important part of our Fine Arts curriculum. Each piece of art should bring glory to God.
Read More >
About our Founders: Gary and Andra Foss
Founders Gary and Andra Foss created an atmosphere for learning that promotes academic excellence in conjunction with strong Christian ideals and a commitment to service.