International Student Admission
Over the years, we’ve welcomed students from across the globe, including, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Guatemala, Kenya, Japan, Korea, Montenegro, Nigeria, Russia, Serbia, South America, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. We look forward to hearing from you!
In order for an international student to be considered for admission, the following must first be submitted:
- New Family Application with the application fee (Please list both the home information as well as the U.S. guardian information.)
- Student Biography
- Pastoral Reference
- Copy of transcripts translated for Guidance Counselor
- Copy of passport
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of up-to-date immunizations
- International Student Data Form: Please download the form and print it out. It must be signed by your sponsor and a bank official. If you are unable to print this form, you may provide the same information on a separate sheet of paper. If a bank official is unable to provide a certification on the form, a separate certification signed by a bank official, a bank statement, or other documentary evidence of financial support may be submitted. These alternate documents must clearly contain the applicant’s name so that they may be properly filed.
- All international students must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and send the score report to FCS prior to admission. An adequate proficiency in English is required.
Return all completed forms to:
Fredericksburg Christian School
Admissions Office – Attn: Marie Stanley
9400 Thornton Rolling Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408 USA
Note: Students who hold a different non-immigrant visa status and wish to change their status must complete all the items listed above.
The Form 1-20
Once all of the above forms are received, the student will be issued a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status.” The Form I-20 is needed to apply for the F-1 Visa at United States consulate and embassies abroad. It is also necessary to apply for change of non-immigrant status in the United States to F-1, or to secure permission for transferring to Fredericksburg Christian School from another school in the United States in continued F-1 status.
Please note that students must demonstrate adequate financial resources to receive certification. For more information about the financial requirements, please see the International Student Data Form.