We want the right fit for your child.
Our admissions process is designed to let our team get to know you and your child. We want you to have an opportunity to feel comfortable with our facilities, our staff, and the Christ-centered, hands-on approach you will find at Fredericksburg Christian School.
For new enrollment, registration begins in October. Once an application is submitted, interviews and testing will ensure that FCS is a good fit for you and your family.
We encourage you to schedule a visit our campus. Here you’ll be able to meet with someone from our admissions team, learn more about the school and our programs, and ask any questions you may have. While a campus visit is encouraged, it is NOT required and you may make application to FCS at any time.
Click HERE to schedule a tour for you or your family.
Our online application is comprehensive, so please make sure to fill out the New Family Application as completely as possible. Most delays in processing come from incomplete applications. Below is a checklist of items you’ll need to complete your application:
– Birth certificate (included in records from a public school)
– FCS will need to request grades, test scores, disciplinary records, and transcripts (high school only) from the applicant’s current (or most recent) school
– IEP or other special testing results (if applicable)
– Home School Report, if student has been home schooled
– Immunization Records (if available at time of submission, otherwise MUST be submitted to school nurse by the first day of school)
– Pastoral Reference form
– Character Reference form (for grades 6-12 only)
– Student Biography form (for grades 6-12 only)
– Non-refundable application/evaluation fee
– Complete custody paperwork (if applicable)
Our FCS administrators will review your completed application. Based on their evaluation, appointments for interviews and testing are made.
Interviews and Testing
An FCS staff member will contact you to set up a time for an interview and/or testing. We appreciate your flexibility in setting appointment times. In a parent interview, an administrator will discuss our philosophy and school programming with the applicant’s parents.
Elementary, middle, and high school students take a few brief individually-administered, standardized tests. The results will help us determine appropriate grade and course placement. We’ll gladly discuss the results of these tests with parents.
Several parties may have input into the enrollment decision. For students who interview and test early in the admissions season, the first round of decisions will be made or communicated by March 1st. After this, students will be notified of the team’s decisions as decisions are made. Students who are not immediately offered a spot for enrollment may be placed in our wait pool based on space available.
In making a decision, the administrative team will consider the following:
– Is FCS able to meet the student’s academic, social, and physical needs?
– Are the student’s parents supportive of the school’s Christ-centered philosophy so that a partnership with the school can develop?
– Is the student under his or her parents’ authority and willing to follow the school’s lifestyle guidelines?
– Does the student desire to attend FCS?
After an offer to enroll is extended, an online enrollment packet will be available with instructions for completion emailed to the primary contact on file. This packet must be completed within 10 days to hold your student’s spot. This is the final step in enrolling at FCS. Additional information concerning wardrobe, school supplies, and the upcoming school year will be provided closer to the start of the new academic year.
FREDERICKSBURG CHRISTIAN SCHOOL ADMITS STUDENTS OF ANY RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL AND ETHNIC ORIGIN, TO ALL THE RIGHTS, PRIVILEGES, PROGRAMS, AND ACTIVITIES GENERALLY ACCORDED OR MADE AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS AT THE SCHOOL. FCS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL AND ETHNIC ORIGIN IN ADMINISTRATION OF ITS EDUCATIONAL POLICIES, ADMISSIONS POLICIES, FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM, ATHLETICS AND OTHER SCHOOL-ADMINISTERED PROGRAMS.