We want the right fit for your child.
Our admissions process is designed to let our team get to know you and your child. We want you to have an opportunity to feel comfortable with our facilities, our staff, and the Christ-centered, hands-on education style you will find at Fredericksburg Christian School.
For new enrollment, registration begins in January. After the initial enrollment period, applications are considered on a rolling basis as space allows. Once an application is submitted, interviews and testing will ensure that FCS is a good fit for you and your family.
Step 1: Campus Visit
We encourage you to schedule a visit at either or both campuses. Here you’ll be able to meet with someone from our admissions team, learn more about the school, the programs, and ask any questions you may have.
To schedule a tour for you or your family, call (540) 535-5355, or schedule online.
Step 2: Apply Online
Our online application is comprehensive, so we recommend you fill out the New Family Application as completely as possible. Most delays in processing come from incomplete applications. Below is a checklist of items you’ll need to complete your application:
- FCS will need to request grades, test scores, disciplinary records, transcripts (high school only) from the applicant’s current (or most recent) school
- IEP or other special testing results (if applicable)
- Home School Report, if student has been home schooled
- Immunization Records(if available at time of submission, otherwise MUST be submitted to school nurse by the first day of school)
- Pastoral Reference form
- Student Biography form(for grades 6-12 only)
- Non-refundable application/evaluation fee
Step 3: Preliminary Review
Our FCS administrators will review your completed application and evaluate potential openings. Based on their evaluation, appointments for interviews and testing are made.
Step 4: Interviews and Testing
An FCS staff member will contact you to set up a time for interviews and/or testing. We appreciate your flexibility in setting appointment times. In a parent interview, an administrator will discuss our philosophy and school programming with the applicant’s parents.
Elementary, middle, and high school students take a group of brief individually-administered, standardized tests. The results will help us determine appropriate grade and level placement. We’ll also gladly share the results of these tests with parents.
Step 5: Final Decision
Several parties may have input into the enrollment decision. Therefore, the final decision may take up to a week after the interview/testing appointment to allow for team discussion. You can expect a call from someone on the administrative team concerning the final decision.
In making a decision, the administrative team will consider things like:
- Is FCS able to meet the student’s academic, social, and physical needs?
- Are the student’s parents supportive of the school’s Christ-centered philosophy so that a partnership with the school can develop?
- Is the student under his or her parents’ authority and willing to follow the school’s lifestyle guidelines?
- Does the student desire to attend FCS?
Step 6: Acceptance Letter
Within two weeks of an offer of enrollment, an acceptance letter will be mailed to your home. Additional information concerning wardrobe, school supplies, and the upcoming school year will be provided closer to the start of the new academic year.
FREDERICKSBURG CHRISTIAN SCHOOL ADMITS STUDENTS OF ANY RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL AND ETHNIC ORIGIN, TO ALL THE RIGHTS, PRIVILEGES, PROGRAMS, AND ACTIVITIES GENERALLY ACCORDED OR MADE AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS AT THE SCHOOL. FCS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL AND ETHNIC ORIGIN IN ADMINISTRATION OF ITS EDUCATIONAL POLICIES, ADMISSIONS POLICIES, FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM, ATHLETICS AND OTHER SCHOOL-ADMINISTERED PROGRAMS.