Let us support what you're doing.
CHIP – Christian Homeschool Instructional Partnership
Fredericksburg Christian School offers home-schooled students an opportunity to enroll in up to three upper school courses as regular Fredericksburg Christian School students.
We want to support and encourage parents as educators to fulfill their God-given responsibility for the education of their children. We are excited to offer resources, services, equipment, and books to assist homeschool families (Proverbs 22:6).
Benefits for Students and Parents
- Certified Instructional Staff
- PLAN, PSAT, and ASVAB testing opportunities
- Online access to grades
- College counseling
- Weekly Chapels
- School transcripts and official cumulative school records provided
- Official high school credit given for successful completion of work
- Students in grades 9-12 are eligible to apply. Students can enroll in 1-3 classes (3 maximum)
- FCS reserves the right to determine eligibility for a class based on the age of a student (in order to avoid a wide age gap within classes; i.e. 14 year old students in classes with 18 year old seniors)
- Admission into some classes is based on admission testing
- Complete our online application
- Interview with high school principal
- Placement testing
- Classes assigned upon availability
- Must meet any class prerequisites
- Students currently enrolled in the traditional program of FCS may not enroll as a home-school partner
- $1,500 per class, per school year
- $100 application fee for testing
- $350 technology fee
- FCS will provide qualified, certified instructors for each class who are also Godly mentors and role models. Our teachers must meet stringent professional, personal and spiritual standards.
- FCS will loan textbooks to each student.
- A file of test scores and grades will be maintained by the high school office.
- Standardized tests will be available for students to take each year.
- As educational partners with FCS, Parents should familiarize themselves with FCS philosophies, doctrinal statement, Core Purpose Statement, Core Values, Core Biblical Principles, Mission Statement, and Foundational Principles.
- Parents must pick up students within 15 minutes of class dismissal
- All fees must be paid (FACTS Tuition Service or lump-sum payment)
- Read and sign FCS Student Handbook
- All students are expected to arrive promptly at the start of class. If the student is going to be absent, the high school must be notified.
- All guidelines for full time FCS students will be in force for home school students (including dress codes).
- All students are responsible to be aware of special days that could change class times.
- All students are welcomed to attend weekly chapels, but are required to attend at least once quarterly.
|Advanced Algebra 2||Consumer Chemistry|
|Advanced Chemistry||Consumer Math|
|Advanced English||Creative Writing|
|Advanced Geometry||DE Chemistry|
|Advanced US History||Dreamweaver/Flash|
|Advanced World Geography||Earth Science|
|Algebra 1, 2 & 3/Trigonometry||English 9, 10, 11 & 12|
|AP Calculus AB & BC||Entrepreneur|
|AP English Composition||French 1, 2, 3 & 4|
|AP English Literature||Geometry|
|Art 2 Drawing||Psychology|
|Art 2 Painting||Pre-Calculus|
|Band||Spanish 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Honors)|
|Bible (All Classes)||Statistics|
Each of these courses is described in the High School Academic Handbook.
If multiple classes are desired, they should be scheduled consecutively; only one study hall may be taken between desired classes.
Those that desire to take any English class must also do the accompanying summer work which is required for the class.
If a student’s schedule necessitates him/her staying after 4th period and he/she wishes to buy lunch, the student must enroll in the FCS prepaid lunch program.