FCS Updated FAQ for COVID-19
Are private schools included in the Governor Mandated School Closure for the rest of the academic school year?
Private schools are included in the Virginia Governor’s mandated school closure. Our FCS campuses are closed, but our learning continues online.
Will we potentially have school over our scheduled Easter Break?
Online Learning will continue through April 9th but because we want to give due focus to what is most important to us as Christians, the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, we will suspend Online Learning for Good Friday, April 10, and then do the same for Monday and Tuesday, April 13th and 14th. We will then pick back up with online learning on April 15th. We have created web page dedicated to all of our Online Learning information and resources that we will share with you by email.
Will there be standardized testing this year?
We have decided to cancel standardized testing for this school year.
Will FCS families be refunded for the portion of the school year that we are out of school?
We are continuing to pay teachers, support staff, etc. in order to keep academic instruction going. So, in that regard, we are not looking at any remuneration for tuition.
What is the latest on Extra-Curricular Activities?
All extra-curricular activities are suspended for the rest of the academic school year.
What should we have received or picked up so far?
- Detailed Email from Principal (Email from each campus principal sent 03.16.20)
- Simple instructions on how to access Google Classroom (attached to detailed principal email sent 03.16.20)
- Login and password for Google Classroom (Upper School – have it; Lower School – print out in the student materials packet that was picked up 03.17.20)
- Textbooks, packets from teachers, items from lockers (From campus pick up 03.17.20)
- Signed out iPads (Lower School – Emily King 03.17.20)
- Google Classroom Resources (Email from Emily King 03.17.20)
- Job Aids – simple instructions for help in Google Classroom (Email from Emily King 03.17.20)
How can I get help for my student while they are participating in online learning?
- Contact the help desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Help Desk is available for technology related issues – passwords, accessing or using google services and school technology: Monday – Friday between 8am – 4pm.
- Our technology department will answer questions as they are received and will reply within 24 hours but most likely sooner.
- Over the weekend, questions will be answered as we are able. If you submit an email after hours, please do not expect an immediate response. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
- If you are having trouble with website access, please contact the help desk for possible solutions – email@example.com
What if my student needs extra help on their work?
First, reach out to the teacher and see if there is any help they can provide. If more help is needed, the teacher can contact the principal of that student to see how we can provide more help for your student.