Annual Fund


The Annual Fund supports your children.

The Annual Fund is the most effective way to contribute to the ongoing viability of the school.  The Annual Fund Campaign is initiated each fall and concludes at the end of the fiscal year, June 30th.  Gifts to the Annual Fund are unrestricted, which means they are applied to the areas of greatest opportunity.  Funds are used for educational enhancements in a variety of areas: technology, academics, tuition assistance, fine arts, facility improvements and athletics.  FCS is committed to excellence in its faculty members, and we continue to work toward increasing teachers’ salaries.

Demonstrating the values we share.

The success of the Annual Fund is evidence of our common, strong belief in Fredericksburg Christian School and our continuing mission of excellence: developing Christ-like character in young people.  Our tradition of giving through volunteerism, participation in school events and commitment to the Annual Fund was initiated with our founders’ vision for the school.

Tuition alone does not cover the total cost of providing an outstanding educational experience for each child.  Net tuition accounts for only 88% of the operating income.  The remaining 12% needed to educate each child at FCS must be funded through other means.  The Annual Fund is designed to support the operating budget which directly benefits students and faculty.

However, we also realize that a tuition that truly reflects the actual cost of an FCS education would be beyond the capabilities of many of our families.  A higher tuition would limit the availability of Christian education for many, defeating our mission to the community.  Also, Annual Fund contributions are tax deductible while tuition and fees are not.  That offers a distinct advantage to families able to contribute an additional amount while keeping tuition affordable.

Annual Fund dollars go directly into the operating budget.  Our outstanding faculty, academic program, computer labs, fine arts program, athletic equipment, maintenance, utilities and more are all supported by monies raised during the Annual Fund Campaign. 

In addition, approximately 3% of the operating budget is set aside to help families with tuition assistance broadening the base of the community that seeks Christian education.