The Arianna & Alissa Nelson Scholarship
The Arianna and Alissa Nelson Scholarship provides need-based scholarships to encourage current FCS families to enroll their younger siblings in our preschool program in order to provide them with an early foundation in quality Christian education. This Scholarship Fund was established by the Robison family with the expressed wish “to honor and support the accomplishments in Christian education achieved by Fredericksburg Christian Schools.” Arianna and Alissa Nelson, who received their earliest Christian education at FCS, are the granddaughters of the Robison family.
Several scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each are awarded each year to assist with the upcoming yearly tuition.
Prospective student must be a sibling of a current K5 – 12th grade FCS student.
An online application must be submitted for admission to the five-day Pre-K3 or Pre-K4 program. Up to two applicants from the same family may be considered, if determined to be qualified by the Variable Tuition Assistance Committee.
If there are limited requests and/or limited qualified applicants for a scholarship at the 3 or 4 year old level, then a scholarship may go to a current FCS family or a new FCS family needing assistance with a child at any elementary grade level.
Students must be evaluated and accepted into the program.
Note: Students awarded the scholarship must attend Fredericksburg Christian School for the entire school year. If a student withdraws prior to the end of the school year, the scholarship will be prorated based on the number of months attended.
- Complete the online Financial Assistance application through FACTS Grant & Aid.
- Submit a letter to the Financial Assistance Committee stating their reasons for seeking the scholarship.
- The Financial Assistance Committee will review the applications and award the scholarships
- Families awarded the scholarship will be notified by mail.
- Families receiving the scholarship will provide an acknowledgement letter to the Business Office within 14 days of receiving notice of their award. This letter will be forwarded to the scholarship sponsor.
The remaining unused scholarship funds will be rolled forward to the subsequent year as an additional scholarship distribution on behalf of a 4th qualified student.