Fredericksburg Christian School is an evangelical non-denominational school dedicated to a strong academic program with Christian character and biblical truths integrated into every area, in order that students develop a lifelong Christian worldview.
Glorify God by educating with excellence.
- Pursue excellence in all things.
- Model and teach servant leadership.
- Uphold integrity and transparency.
- Maintain exemplary standards of professionalism.
We believe that in all things it is essential to:
- Glorify God in all we do…our motivation, our actions and our relationships. (Colossians 3:17)
- Uncompromisingly articulate and apply biblical truth, recognizing our fallen nature and need for a Savior, Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:17)
- Encourage and nurture fellowship and partnership with parents. (Deuteronomy 6:7)
- Provide a quality academic education in the context of a Christian worldview. (II Timothy 4:1-5)
- Facilitate open and honest communication consistent with Matthew 5 and 18. (I John 1:17)
- Uphold personal holiness and integrity as living Christian role models. (Titus 2:7)
- Minister to staff, students, parents and the greater community. (I Peter 5:2)
- Exercise prudent stewardship of every dollar paid for services or donated. (I Corinthians 4:2)
Statement of Faith
FCS believes the following truths are central to a college-preparatory Christian education, and it is the school’s desire to bring them alive in its entire program:
- God is Creator and Sustainer of all things and the Source of all truth. (Psalm 104; Colossians 1:15-17)
- God created man in His image, but man chose to rebel against God. His rebellion brought all men under the dominion of sin. (Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23)
- God provided a means of regenerating man and restoring him unto Himself. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to be the sacrifice for sin. Therefore, each student is encouraged to receive Christ as his or her personal Savior and as the Lord of his or her life. (Proverbs 9:10)
- As a board and faculty which represent a variety of Protestant backgrounds, FCS believes unity is found in the Person of Jesus Christ, who is “the Way, the Truth and the Life.” (John 14:6)
- Man’s eternal salvation depends solely on Christ’s all-sufficient work on the cross. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5)
- The real Teacher in our lives as believers is the indwelling Holy Spirit who develops Christ-like character qualities. (Romans 8:26-30; Galatians 5:22)
- The Bible is the authoritative, inerrant, sufficient Word of God. All truth is ultimately God’s truth. (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:21)